I'm Middle Aged, Have Health & Joint Issues, Where Do I Start?
Avoid all those workouts you see advertised on TV.
1) Exercise 5-6 days a week minimum.
2) Each workout should be at least 10-15 minutes.
3) It does not have to be high intensity, just consistent. (Make sure your heart rate is up)
What exercises to do
(please note that the workout you chose depends on your limitations. I am only pointing out options for you to consider)
1) Brisk walking each day.
2) Water aerobics at the YMCA (best thing there is for people with joint and back issues)
3) Swimming at the YMCA
4) Join the nearest gym and get on an elliptical machine.
Online at home workouts available:
This site has hundreds of online workouts. There is a selection guide that lets you pick workouts that are beginner and low impact. Just select a few of these and rotate through them one a day.